Upon entering, it feels like being warp back in time during the Spanish era in the Philippines.
Most of the houses in this place are during the 18th to early 20th century in the Philippines. They were gathered and relocated from the origin place and then reconstructed and restored here.
The Resort Map
This is the Paseo de Escolta, a replica of the typical Escolta buildings in Manila during that time.
The Casa Vyzantina, is the stone house from the corner of Madrid and Penarubia streets in Binondo, Manila.
The Casa San Miguel is a house from San Miguel, Bulacan.
The Casa Binondo 1: infront of the house is the statue of the traditional game in the Philippines Palosebo or greased bamboo climbing (from Spanish words greased stick). The Long and straight bamboo poles are greased and polished to make them smooth and slippery. The contestants will try to climb the poles to secure the prize on top of the bamboo.
The Casa Maycauayan original location during 1913 was in San Fernando, Pampanga and then during 1950’s in Meycauayan, Bulacan.
The Casa Hidalgo was first constructed in 1867 at Hidalgo St. Quiapo, Manila and was used by University of the Philippines School of Fine Arts in 1909.
The Casa Baliuag 1 was constructed in 1898 at Baliuag, Bulacan.
The Casa Lubao was constructed in 1920 at Lubao, Pampanga
The Casa Luna was constructed in 1850 at Luna, La Union. This serves as a museum of the place.
See some of the things featured from the museum.
The Casa Cagayan was originally located in Cagayan province. During the 1900’s these houses were referred to as Poor Man’s houses.
This is their restaurant the Café Marivent located at the ground floor of Casa Unisan.
Have a sumptuous Filipino “merienda” or snack in their Café Marivent.
They also have a Kalesa ride to take you around the area for a certain fee.
The “Katipunero” inspired guards
Visit their Website:
How to get there?
View Larger Map